LEGAL SERVICES OFFERED
ESTATE PLANNING: Wills and Trusts
For individuals and couples who have no estate planning documents, I will meet with you at no charge for the initial meeting to discuss your interests and goals. Once I have an understanding of what you want to happen to your assets after your passing, I will set a flat fee charge for the work to prepare the documents to accomplish your goals to allow the simple transfer of assets after your death to family, friends, and charities according to your desires.
If you desire, there are methods to make gifts now to family, friends and charities that provide tax benefits and avoid paying gift taxes. Consultation with an attorney and possibly your tax professional may be necessary to accomplish major gifts. Annually, each person can give up to $15,000 to any many people as they choose without the requirement to file a gift tax return.
After drafting the documents I will send them to you in the mail for your review and evaluation. Questions or changes can be addressed by a second meeting, or by phone or email communications.
Once the documents are finalized with desired changes, we will meet again to do a final review and sign documents and I will assist with transferring titles to real property and give instructions on transferring other assets the trust.
Documents typically prepared in a full estate planning process include:
1. Revocable Living Trust
2. Will – to cover assets not transferred to the trust
3. Trust Certification – used to coordinate transfers of assets to the trust.
4. Documents to effect transfer of Personal Property, real property, corporate, LLC and business assets to the trust
5. Durable Power of Attorney
6. Advance Health Care Directive & HIPAA authorization
7. Designation of Agents for Final Disposition of Remains